Judith Carroll & Co

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Article Index
Corduff
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
All Pages

 

 

 

 

Corduff 4During excavation and monitoring for the childcare centre, portions of Corduff House were uncovered. Further excavation of the underlying ground levels revealed the presence of earlier archaeological deposits. A stone walled structure below the Corduff House was uncovered. This structure truncated an earlier field boundary/ditch which was one of the earliest archaeological features visible in the levels of the site. To the south-east of Corduff House, a lime kiln was uncovered, one of the flues of which lay underneath Corduff House at its eastern corner.

Fig 4: Ordnance Survey Map, 1910

References

Ball, F. E. 1920 A History of the County Dublin. Vol. 6. Dublin.
The Down Survey maps of the Parish of Castleknock and the Barony of Castleknock, 1655 Rocque’s map of the county of Dublin 1760.
First edition Ordnance Survey map, 6 inch sheet, Dublin sheet 13, 1843.
Files in the RMP (Record of Monuments and Places) office in the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government.



 

facebookicon

Judith Carroll & Co Ltd
Archaeological Consultants
Ballybrack Road 
Glencullen
Dublin 18 

Tel: 01 6705067
Mobile: 087-9968819/ 087-3810933
Email: info@judithcarrollandco.ie
Website: www.judithcarrollandco.ie


Latest News